Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday and Daylight Savings Time

It's here once again.It arrives every yr. and I count the days until it's over. I cringe when I hear those dreadful words " Daylight Savings time ". Some people love it,not me The days seem longer and it seems like we have more hrs. to get things done.Not so. Me,my body goes into rejection,LOL. For days it doesn't know when to eat or sleep and our schedules are messed up.Teachers dread it... the children are tired,hungry and bounce off the walls. More body clocks out of kilter.

DH swears I stay cranky. He's probably right but as I tell him this too will pass. Just give me time to regroup.

I would love to hear what you do to adjust to this change. We've got 8 months of it.

8 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I cringe when I hear the words "spring ahead". Who springs? It is kind of like jet lag...eventually it catches up and then poof! We're back to falling behind!

Linda said...

Unfortunately for the next week I will feel like I fell on my face instead of backwards,LOL.

Unknown said...

This is the time I now spring is coming so I dont mind the change at all.

Tiffany said...

Hi there! I just wanted to come by and thank you for adding yourself to the songbird choir! I'll be happy to hear from you.

About daylight savings time. Blech. Hate it. As I write this, I'm sitting at my desk at work at what is SUPPOSED to be 8:11. This is when I'm SUPPOSED to be getting ready for work, having just gotten myself out of bed. To say that I'm not a morning person isn't sufficient! Ah well, after a week or so I will adjust and enjoy the longer hours in the evening. Until then...MORE COFFEE! :)

Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Nelson said...

I'm not a big fan of DLTime! :( But, truthfully, because I'm self-employed it doesn't affect me all that much in regards to WORK! But, it does seem weird to go outside when summer hits and it is just getting dark at 9PM! ACK! That is NOT NATURAL!

It takes me at least 4 weeks to get my body use to the changes.... Last Sunday I was snoozing through my Pastor's sermon~ OMG! :(

Love your Blog! you are SUCH a talented painter! BEAU-----tiful!

xoRebecca

Just Me said...

It is EXACTLY like jet lag. I have flown from Paris to Florida. When DST starts, I feel just like I did after a 10 hour flight. Ick!

Xazmin said...

I too hate the adjustment! Only after a couple weeks it seems to pass. I stopped over from SITS to say hi!

Tanielle said...

Stopping in from SITS to say hi! I have a hard time getting my kids use to the change. I have also forgotten to start dinner, because it's still so light outside...oops!

You are so talented! I am anxious to see more!

Have a great day!