Sunday, March 22, 2009

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

For all you chocolate lovers out there that don't want to eat an entire sheet cake,LOL. A friend sent this to me. She swears it works. I'm off to try it and will let you know.


5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE


4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world ? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!


















7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful recipe I have to try this.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm,it looks good!

Sugarplum Cottage said...

I seen this before but have never tried it. It would be perfect for my husband and I. The only thing when I eat cake I want more than one piece. I love the little butterflies, how did you get them on your blog? Rosemarie

Cheeky Kitchen said...

Delightfully clever! What a great recipe. I'll have to try it out.

I LOVE the music you have on your blog. It's from Father of the Bride soundtrack, right? SO tender and lovely.

THANKS so much for stopping by my blog (AND becoming a follower! So good of you!)

Hope your week is WONDERFUL!

Linda Marie said...

Yummmmy !!
Oh My !! Can't wait to try !!
Linda Marie
www.sunflowerlane.biz

Molly Anne said...

Oh I have GOT to try this!

Tami said...

I've seen this recipe a hundred times but I've never actually seen the cake out of the mug. Thanks for showing pictures of what it looks like.

I'm loving your blog! I've signed up to follow you. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and signing up to follow me.