Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's National Pancake Day

I woke up this morning to discover there is actually a day for pancakes. Who would have thunk ? Probably anyone but me,LOL. I thought every day was a day to celebrate and pancakes. That's all they have talked about on TV today.Since I have the television on while I paint guess what I've heard all morning ? Yep, pancakes,pancakes,pancakes.

I did some research and found a wonderful site for pancake lovers.
Want to learn more about pancakes, their history, some great tips for making pancakes and toppings then check this out :
http://www.welovepancakes.com/perfect/

Here's My favorite recipe for Pancakes :

Prep: 10 minutes, Stand: 10 minutes, Cook: 6 minutes per batch.
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled

1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine buttermilk, milk, egg, and butter in a separate bowl; add to flour mixture, and whisk just until blended. Transfer to a large measuring cup, and let stand 10 minutes.

2. Pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or nonstick pan. Cook until pancakes are covered with bubbles and edges turn brown. Turn and cook other side 2 minutes or until golden brown.

Makes about 10 pancakes

Oh,add a few drops of red food coloring for pink pancakes. Or serve them on your favorite pink plates. (I had to make this about pink )

Not sure where I found this recipe. I would love to give credit where it's due but I have so many recipe books and recipes I can't keep up with them all.


If all else fails bring out the Aunt Jemima mix.

Anyhooo,now I've made myself hungry. I think we will have pink pancakes for dinner. How about you ? Yum,yum.

4 comments:

Simply Debbie said...

NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY....WELL THEY WILL JUST CELEBRATE ANYTHING
YUMMY...IT SURE SOUNDS GOOD
MAYBE YOU COULD FIX A PANCAKE AND DECORATE IT IN RIBBONS AND LACE AND TAKE A PICTURE AND POST IT.
BLESSINGS
debbie
if i don't get back every day please know i am praying over your blog and i have not forgotten you
blessings
hugs
debbie

Unknown said...

Did you hear that IHOP was having a free short stack on Tuesday? Crazy!
I did a similar post on waffles only I started with the mix. LOL!

Have a great evening!

~Liz

Unknown said...

Sounds good I just made them for my dad the other day. I will have to try this recipe.

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

I can't believe I missed National Pancake Day! I'm so bummed...

Thanks for visiting my blog..., Have you considered selling your stuff on Make Mine Pink? It looks like you would fit right in!!!